ESG and IMPACT INVESTING IN VIETNAM
PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE GROWTH AND ROI
The event ‘ESG ( Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance) and Impact Investing in Vietnam – Promoting Sustainable Growth and ROI’ was hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AmCham Vietnam) and Saigon Asset Management (SAM) on January 4th 2021, at The Reverie Saigon Hotel. The event aimed to provide detailed information about ESG in the context of investors, environmental activists and founders of non-governmental organisations. When following the ESG trend, companies and investors are more focused on integrating ESG’s criteria in oriented development and evaluating the potential investments.
The event was very successful and included the participation of experts:
- Dominic Scriven – Chairman of Dragon Capital;
- Shuyin Tang – CEO of Patamar Capital; Founder / CEO of Beacon Fund;
- Dr Lyndal Hugo – Founder and CEO Orlar Ltd.;
- Louis Nguyen – Capital Markets and Financial Services Committee of AmCham; Chairman and CEO of SAM – Event operator.
Some topics and challenges were discussed in the event:
- Why are companies and investors concerned about ESG?
- Which challenges does the Vietnam finance sector have to face in its attempt to meet international and domestic ESG standards?
- How can Vietnam ensure that it has the right conditions to attract global companies that value ESG criteria?
- How do investors evaluate potential partners and companies that meet ESG criteria?
- How can companies in Vietnam better grasp and fulfill ESG criteria in their business operations to promote sustainable growth?
- How companies at Vietnam able to fulfil ESG criteria in business strategy to promote sustainable growth?
- What is the non-governmental organisation role in the investment for ESG?